We were lucky enough to work with the wonderful team behind the Focus Photography Festival last month, helping to manage their relationship with main sponsor, Bloomberg LP, and supporter, Absolut vodka. And we got to spend 10 fantastic days in Mumbai watching it all take shape.
There are some projects that leave a lasting impression. This was one of those. Some of our top moments...
- Confused passers-by looking at the giant outdoor photographs in Horniman Circle Gardens.
- The sun shining on the roof of the Jehangir gallery as Sunil Gupta and three female photographers discuss women's photography today.
- The photographer sage that is Raghu Rai addressing a packed bar at Cheval restaurant.
- Sunday afternoon at the Terrace gallery seeing families, students, and hundreds of other visitors passing through the show.
- Kids figuring out how photography works in a pinhole camera workshop with Susan Hapgood.
- Bharat Sikka at work in his pop-up studio as part of his wonderful show, Matter, for one night only at Mehboob Studio in Bandra.
Watching the drop-dead amount of work the Focus team put in made our little piece of the pie feel like a bit of a breeze in comparison. Very much helped by how thoroughly nice the teams are at Bloomberg and Absolut.
Here are some nice shots of the festival. Photographing photography...